Canada Express Entry
Canada Express Entry Program for 2015 was launched by the Citizenship and Immigration
Canada for skilled labor to come and join the Canadian work force. The applications from people
all over the world are being accepted from the 2nd of January itself. To understand it better, one
must know that the invitations are open throughout the year.
The Recent Changes
According to the new system introduced by the CIC, the whole process will now be electronic
and all the PR applications will be managed only in this manner from now on. It has been named
the Canada Express Entry System. Presently, the immigration programs under CIC are -
The Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), The Federal Skilled Trades Program, The
Canadian Experience Class, A portion of the Provincial Nominee Program.
There is no restriction placed on the number of people who can apply through this program.
Persons with experience in any field of work, any skill or professional background can put in
their profile in the pool. This will allow the Federal and Provincial governments of the country to
choose eligible applicants.
The Canadian employers and provinces will further choose from the pool, to find those
candidates who can fill positions that are vacant. To be placed in the pool, an applicant must
submit an expression of interest under any one of the programs. Following this, the highest
ranking applicants will be sent an Invitation to Apply [ITA] under any of the above mentioned
Canadian Economic Program.
Once an ITA is received, a candidate must submit a PR application that is fully completed. Such
applications will take 6 months or less to be processed. The Canadian Express Entry requires an
applicant to be eligible in terms of age, English language proficiency, work experience (in and
outside Canada) and educational qualification. Apart from this he or she must have an offer letter
from a Canadian employers.
For more information on this, Reach Us at any one of our offices today.
Essentially, the Express entry program has the following stages:
- Candidate files an on-line express entry form and may be asked to provide information
related to his qualifications, experience, occupation, Language skills, Canadian
Education, Canadian Experience, Spousal language skills as also presence of any blood
relations in Canada.
- Canada Government will review his profile along with relevant documents and
information and then indicate the suitable and selected program from – Federal Skilled
Worker Program, Skilled Trade, Canada Experience Class and Provincial Nominee
Program. For example: if candidate’s profile shows that he will likely meet required pass
mark for one of these programs, his / her profile will then be published in Express Entry
- It will be assessed to check whether or not it meets the selection criteria of one these
migrant programs. So, the selection criteria or minimum pass-mark to be eligible to file
an application under Express entry program is likely to continue and the candidates must
meet the basic criteria of one of these categories to be eligible to qualify to be accepted in
the “pool” of applications
- If he does meet the basic selection criteria, then his application will figure in a “pool” of
- The electronic system will then rank the pool of applications and higher the candidate
appears in the rank, better are the chances for him to get an invite for filing a Canada PR
application. It is expected that the candidates should also file available confirmed job
offer from a Canadian employer to be part of the pool.
- Candidates who meet the selection Criteria and have a confirmed job offer from a
Canadian employer will be ranked higher in the Express entry pool and will get invite to
file the PR application from CIC.
- Candidates meeting the basic selection criteria aspiring for should attempt for job search
to find suitable employment to increase chances of receiving an invitation.
- Candidates can conduct an active job search and mail their profile directly to various
employers and against advertised vacancies on the net
- In addition, candidate can file their profile/resume in the Canada “Job Bank” where
Canadian Employers, federal and provincial governments will assess it. Job Bank will
help to connect Express Entry candidates with eligible employers in Canada
- Also, each of the provinces will have a limited quota of candidates it can nominate and
hence the provinces can also be approached for nomination. Candidates meeting selection
criteria, having a provincial nomination will mean a “higher” rank in the pool.
- Candidate will be issued a job offer in Canada supported with Labor Market Impact
Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC).
- Once he is offered LMIA, Government of Canada will immediately invite him to submit
an application for permanent residence visa, which is called Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Once he receives ITA, he will have to submit an application for permanent residence visa
within 60 days with required documents.
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada will process the majority of complete applications
(meaning those with all the necessary supporting documents) in six months or less.
- Candidates can stay in the pool for up to 12 months. If they do not get an Invitation to
Apply for permanent residence within 12 months of submitting an Express Entry profile,
they may submit a new profile. If they still meet the criteria, they can re-enter the pool.
- The government of Canada aims to attract 181,000 new immigrants through economic
immigration programs in 2015.
First Canadian Inc. Program Details
- Qualification / Education Assessment.
- Customized Document Checklist and critical document templates.
- Guidance on key documentation requirements.
- Filing of online application form to create profile for Invitation
- IELTS Guidance document.
- Reference letter Templates.
- Self Declaration Templates.
- Police Clearance Certificate Procedure.
- Guidance on Medical.
Canada Express Entry FAQs
- What is Canada Express Entry?
Canada Express Entry 2015 is a new way to manage applications that CIC receives through
various economic immigration programs. People who qualify and meet the criteria of these
programs will be placed into a database pool. The Canadian employers, Government of Canada,
Provincial and Territorial Governments will be able to directly short list candidates from this
- How Does It Work?
Candidates with the highest scores in the pool will be issued an Invitation to Apply (ITA).
Candidates will be awarded points for:
Is There a Different Point-Based System Canada Express Entry Scheme?
- A job offer and/or
- A provincial/territorial nomination and/or
- Skills and experience – factors that contribute to success in Canada
A total of 1,200 points will be allotted in the Express Entry program to those who have already
qualify under any of the Economic Immigration Programs (as listed in slide 1).
There won’t be any minimum point requirement, but only the ones who score the highest will be
offered permanent residency to Canada:
The points will be allotted as follows:
When Will The Express Entry System Be Launched?
- A maximum of 500 points for human capital factors like age, education, experience, and
language will be awarded; 40 points will come from if an applicant has an accompanying
spouse or common-law partner, and up to 80 points if the candidate holds at least one
year of experience in Canada.
- Transferrable skills will add another 100 points. Skills that can be used across different
jobs and industries in technical and non-technical areas are usually referred to as
- 600 points will be awarded if the applicant has a job offer in Canada or have received
nomination certificate from any of Canadian provinces. Applicants can use Canadian Job
Bank to Apply for the jobs in Canada.
The Express Entry system was launched on January 2nd, 2015.
Are All Immigration Programs Covered Under Canada Express Entry?
No, Canada Express Entry will apply only to three Canadian economic programs:
Are Canada Express Entry Requirements Different from Other Immigration Programs?
- Federal Skilled Worker Program.
- Federal Skilled Traders Program, and
- Canadian Experience Class.
Express Entry requirements are no different from the above immigration program requirements.
Express Entry Canada is not a new economic program in itself, but a novel way to manage the
applications CIC receives online through the various immigration programs it runs throughout the
year. It will enable CIC to simplify and deal with online applications and process them faster to
reduce the wait time.
Is there Any Cap to Canada Express Entry Pool?
Any number of people can submit their profile in the Express Entry Pool. There's no limit/cap as
such. However, Invitations to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residence will be based on the Annual
Immigration Level Plan.
How Often Will CIC send out ITAs?
CIC will carry out draws every few weeks on a regular basis and post the results on its website.
Candidates who receive ITA will have to submit a complete PR application which will be
processed in 6 months or less.
All job offers received through Job Bank or through the Provincial Nominee Programs will be
subject to Employment and Social Development Canada's (ESDC's) LMIA requirements in place
at that time.
10 Good Reasons Why Choose First Canadian Inc.
- We are the established Market Leaders in overseas careers with company owned and
operated branch in your city. We do not have franchisees. Most of our customers come to
us through word of mouth which we built based on trust and quality over the years.
- We are a one stop shop for all your overseas career needs.
- You get the benefit from our deep and extensive knowledge base which we have
accumulated from processing thousands of cases similar to yours.
- We have a pulse on global trends in careers and immigration and always have updated
information which we share with you through our weekly newsletters and email alerts.
- We have rock solid financial credentials that you would seek in the company when you
would be making an investment of a large sum and the outcome is critical to your life and
- We are system driven and have transparent processes and costs. All our offices are
designed keeping this principle in mind–the reason why you will notice a lot of see
- We conduct business in good faith and you will notice that our agreements are fair and
- We help you search for a job and settle down. Our Job Search Services Department is one
of the strengths of our company.
- We have the best consultants in the market who are competent, committed and
experienced. You will notice this yourself
- We are competitively priced and offer flexible payment options and charge on a success
fee basis. If we don’t deliver, we refund.